Immediate Gratification

There was a little girl who had a little curl...right in the middle of her forhead. And when she was good, she was very very good...but when she was bad she was horrid.

Name:
Location: Boca Raton, Florida, United States

Mother. Sister. Daughter. Friend. Lover.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Unacceptable Double Standards

Women have been able to own property since 1848. By virtue of the 19th Amendment, women have had the right to vote since 1920. The Equal Rights Amendment was made a reality in 1972 and provides that “Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any other state on account of sex.” In 1984, Sally K. Ride became the first woman astronaut. We are CEO’s, politicians, policy makers, teachers, doctors, lawyers, nurses, professors, judges, valedictorians, and countless other respectable things. We are mothers, wives and best friends.

Yet, here we are in the year 2006, and women are still subject to a double standard when it comes to how, when, where and why we have sex. Apparently, it is perfectly acceptable for a man to throw his cock around. There are no repercussions. There are no whispers. Men are not whores or sluts. High five’s all around when a man gets laid. Regardless of the fact that we humans are primal creatures by nature, and are driven by our sexuality, women are judged (and judged harshly) by society if we take control of our own sexual destiny. It is as though a woman has to be invited to a man’s bed, and the pace at which two consenting adults engage in consenting sexual contact is dictated by the man.

I want to have sex when, why, how and where I want to, not only when a man tells me I am going to. To me, it is unacceptable that society dictates I can have sex only under certain circumstances (in the context of a relationship and definitely not on a first date). And if sex occurs outside of those arbitrary parameters, we are naughty women, dirty girls, lousy mothers.

Being a nurturing mother, a sucessful businesswoman, and a devoted daughter; and being a woman in complete control of her body and sexuality are not mutually exclusive. I enjoy sex, therefore, I am a bad mother? I have sex with whom I chose, therefore, I am naughty? I decide when I want to have sex, therefore, I am a dirty girl? I don’t buy it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can be my milfarific dirty girl anytime, momma.

what? no pics yet?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Well, being that it is a pretty free society, if it doesn't matter to you what others think,, you don't have to buy anything of the sort if you don't want to. You really can do what you want to...but unfortunately, there still is a double standard and the reality is that what other people think of us, sometimes affects what we are allowed to do. (as in other people can influence our lives,our jobs, etc.)

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never bought into that male=stud/woman=slut sterotypes. But I imagine that others do.

I've known men who were sluts and females who were studs. It's something about the attitude.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hope you're havin' a good long weekend! Canada Day long weekend up here!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was passing by and stopped by your blog... Girl, you just put my thoughts into words! Love it!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home